Moving Tips & Resources From The Experts
Moving into a home can be stressful no matter how many helping hands you have. At CR Moving Services, we have years of experience on all kinds of moves, from local relocations to statewide transitions. We are happy to share our top moving resources to help make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Prior to the Big Day
Some of the best moving tips we can give you are for things to do in the weeks and days leading up to the big event. For example, put together a budget for the relocation to ensure that you do not overextend your finances. Be sure to include items such as professional movers, gas and babysitters.
Additionally, you can:
- Put together a moving calendar to divide up the tasks you will need to do, such as reserving a moving truck, switching your utilities and transferring the kids’ school records.
- Mail in the forms to change your address at least a week before your move
- Take inventory of your home and donate or trash items that you no longer need, which will make the move quicker or easier.
If you have a pet, you may want to make arrangements ahead of time for a place for your furry friend to stay while you move.
Pack Efficiently and Effectively
If you choose to use professional moving resources, you can trust them to expertly handle your possessions. Otherwise, consider these tips:
- Put heavier items in smaller boxes in order to keep loads manageable
- Do not use newspaper to wrap dishes or fine china, as it can leave a stain
- Avoid using food boxes or pre-owned boxes, as they may be weakened
You can also label every box with a number and the room in which the items belong. Keep a separate list enumerating each box and its contents. As the items arrive at the new space, you can check them off your list, ensuring that everything has made it safely.
Rely on Professionals Today
No matter what level of help you want with your move, our team at CR Moving Services is available. To get a free quote for your move today, please call us at [phone] or contact us online.